The PROUD project aims to promote supported independent living as an alternative care for approximately 200 unaccompanied minors between the ages of 15 and 18 along with informing more than 500 professionals and professionals working with unaccompanied minors in the participating countries.
The project consists of a number of activities that ultimately aim at promoting supported independent living (SIL) as an alternative care practice for unaccompanied minors as follows:
- Analysis of the integration context for unaccompanied minors in the participating countries.
- Assessment of integration services provided to unaccompanied minors in the participating countries.
- Support unaccompanied minors in developing skills related to the labor market
- Creating a guide to the effective provision of alternative care by professionals
- Development of skills actions through training seminars for professionals working with unaccompanied children and alternative care.
- Design and implementation of a mentoring program to facilitate the process of integration into the new social context
The PROUD project aspires to make a difference in the integration process of all unaccompanied minors across Europe, by providing alternative solutions for their social inclusion and by offering the means to combat their institutionalization.